Monday, February 7, 2011

Cooking with Beau & Bella

I'm cooking weekly for a new client who appreciates fresh vegetables, fine food, and healthy living.  There are new recipes to try, fabulous grocery stores to frequent, and fishmongers to befriend.  I certainly can't do this alone.  Luckily, they even supply me with some trusty sous chefs to get the job done.  Meet Beau and Bella...

They love to snack on vegetables and they come running when they smell rice.  Their inquisitive little noses make me smile throughout the day. 

Each week, I develop a new menu drawn largely from the Canyon Ranch recipe collection.  This is proving to be a fun way to expand my "usual" recipes and continue exploring healthy food options.  We have agreed on three dinners and some snacks/lunch items.  This week's menu included:
  • Turkey Medallions with Honey Chipotle Sauce, Sauteed Kale, and Potato Medley
  • Maple Glazed Sea Bass with Root Vegetables; Couscous; Arugula Salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
  • Japanese Stir-Fry Vegetables with Edamame; Mongolian BBQ Sauce
  • Pumpkin Crunch (roasted pumpkin seeds with dried cranberries...amazing!)
  • Granola
  • Winter Fruit Salad
At the end of the day, all of the food was tucked in the refrigerator and labelled with heating/serving instructions:


It's great fun to start each week with a trip to Whole Foods (out of my way and yet incredibly worth the drive!) and a day cooking in a beautiful kitchen.  Oh, and don't forget my sous chefs, Beau and Bella...they make me smile all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment