1 garlic clove
2 cups dry white wine (Hint: But the mini bottles of chardonnay to keep in the kitchen for cooking. If you don’t want to open a regular bottle for a little bit in a recipe, this a great solution!)
1 pound Swiss cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Toss the cornstarch with the shredded cheese until it is incorporated.
- Bread (whole grains are best!)
- Bell peppers
- Grilled chicken strips
Tip: Blanch some of the vegetables to remove the “raw” flavor. This is especially helpful for broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus.
How to Blanch Vegetables:
- Prepare an ice bath in a large bowl and set it next to the stove.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Drop your veggies into the boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the veggies and plunge them into the ice water. This will shock them and stop the cooking process.
- Your veggies should still be crisp and cool; the green veggies will even have a brighter, fresher color!
I hope your family has fun with this recipe!