Friday, August 27, 2010

Life On The Go

They Smile and Nod Politely…

….but people don’t really understand what I do. Once I explain, they generally think it’s cool. So here it is in a nutshell: I go into people’s homes and cook them food.

Interested? Read on my friend, read on…

Usually I make about 20 meals, stocking them in the freezer. Imagine having a lot of convenience meals ready to heat & eat, except they aren’t full of preservatives and sodium; they are made with real food by a real person, and were cooked in your own kitchen instead of a factory. Sounds pretty nice, right?

Imagine if someone cooked food just for you – a menu developed for you based on the food you like to eat, your dietary preferences, your allergies, and even your little food quirks that you won’t admit to anyone except me. Does that make you feel like a celebrity? Cool – it should! Are my clients rich people who live extravagant lifestyles? Nope, not at all (although I would be happy to cook for them as well!). Most of my clients are regular people like you who don’t have the time or interest to cook. They are large families and single people; they are workaholics and stay at home moms.

I hire someone to clean my home. I am perfectly capable of cleaning my own home; I’ve even been known to clean it myself from time to time. However, I don’t want to clean it. Although I desire a clean home, I prefer to spend my time doing something else (cooking, crafts, playing with my kiddos, etc). This is pretty much the same concept for a personal chef: you could cook, you might even want to; but if someone else can do it for you, then why not? Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment